Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Why It Pays NOT to Burn Your Bridges

I went back to the answering service today.
Three of the people there recognized me.
They were pleasantly surprised. :-)

I took their tests and passed with flying colors.
I was hired on the spot.
Orientation starts Thursday.

No, it's not the highest paying of jobs, especially to start, but it's better than nothing - which is what I'm contributing to the household income right now.
Yes, I would still need to work one Saturday or Sunday per week - but you know what? I can live with that. It's only for a few hours, and I am flexible enough to do that.

There will be opportunities to rise in pay.
There may be opportunities to custom tailor a schedule for myself down the line.
Or maybe things on the spiritual end will take off, and I won't need to... ;-)

It feel really damn good to be hired on the spot, I will say that. (lol)
Now I can see how this new structure unfolds in my life, and build around it.
Now I feel I can begin to move forward again... :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment