Sunday, May 6, 2007

Here's a possibility...

I was looking through the want-ads and I recognized a phone number.
It was an ad for an answering service I worked at eleven years ago.
Seems they're looking for a few good operators again.

The ad mentioned part-time openings.
I'm considering returning back there, to see if it would be a good fit.

Eleven years ago, I left them because I found a job closer to home, offered by the same folks who were my first employers. I needed to switch jobs because, at that time, I didn't have a car - or a license to drive one.

Now I have the license, and the car.
Now I wouldn't be beholden to anyone else to take me to work and pick me up.
Of course, that's not the only thing that's changed in my life. Suffice to say I've done a LOT of growing up since that job, those years. ;-)

The biggest minus was the hours...I worked weekends back then, but not happily.
They might be looking for someone who can do weekends again.
Then again, they might not. I wouldn't know until I asked.

I'm going out tomorrow for another career fair anyway.
Maybe I'll stop by on the way home and say hello...

No comments:

Post a Comment