Friday, June 26, 2009

On the other side (part 2 - and then some!)

Let's just say the week leading up to - and the time immediately after - the Solstice was really interesting! (lol)

I meant to post again right after I was finished with the cleansingway, but two things happened to sideline me...

First, my computer crashed. I tried a few things to baby it along, but the hard drive eventually locked up and refused to cooperate. So I've traded in the "BMW," for a shiny new "Hybrid," if you will. My new comp is tiny, compared to the old one, and it runs uber-fast! Yay! :-) I've also switched anti-virus providers; let's just say after this whole experience, I firmly believe McAfee is an agent of Satan. 'Nuff said. ;-)

Second, two of my soul sisters were thrown into significant crises as a result of the major shifting and rearranging of energies that took place over the Solstice! One went through a significant journey of the body; I was with T. in the ER for (get this) eight whole hours! --and this on the last day of my second fast!! It's interesting, though...when I was called into action though her crisis, I went into High Priestess mode - and hunger ceased to be an issue. (Up till that point, hunger had been a bit more of an issue than during the first of the two-day fasts...go figure!) She went through some more of the journey last Sunday - I walked her through the worse of it - and Monday (where she went to an actual dr. and got some more help that way as well). She is doing just fine, and has a lot to ponder now...
My other soul sister went through a journey of the heart over the Solstice weekend, where she was put through the ringer. P. has served as a mentor for me through many a rough patch in my life; now, it seems I've had the opportunity to repay her for her kindness and sharing. Over the phone & online (fortunately I've had access to email at work, praise the Gods!), I walked her through the worst of her journey...and at last communication, she was on the other side of her funk and well on her way back to the Light. My heart goes out to both of my soul-sisters...

Then there was the Solstice itself: a lovely ritual at the Goddess Temple, which served to confirm, affirm, and ground the work I'd done on myself during the cleansingway. It featured a lot of movement in the body - where other woman were moving slowly and gently with the feelings that were arising within them, I was a whirling ball of excitement and enthusiasm! The phrase Tempest in a Teapot came to mind, for I had to keep my movemements small and contained, more often than not, lest I plow through my sisters like a bowling ball through the ten pins! (lol) Once the Sanctuary had emptied out, though, I was finally able to move big, and I took full advantage of it: spiralling into the center of the room, spinning round and round, grinning broadly in anticipation of what is to come...next weekend, in fact! :-D

So, here I am on my new keyboard, my new computer very quiet and composed. It's funny - in a sense, I was relieved that I couldn't revive the old one. Yes, I lost a few precious things...but such things may yet be retrieved from the hard drive, and there was so much junk that had accumulated on it that I barely paid attention to anyway!
It's funny, I'd actually signed up for Miss Leonie's Decluttering Goddess course, thinking to square a few things away in my real home - and wound up with a huge shift in my cyber-home instead! The Universe moves in mysterious ways...

No comments:

Post a Comment