Monday, May 31, 2010

Operation: Clean Ocean

Today I woke up rather early, for me...7am.
I did some journaling, read my daybooks, then checked in quickly online to see if there was anything urgent waiting for me. No? Excellent.

I sat before my altar and took up my heart-stone, as the clock showed 8:10am.
I reached out to the Grid, felt a surge of energy originating from the East Coast - in the neighborhood of Southern Florida, to be exact. I received the energy surge within me, to be carried to the coast very shortly.
First, though, breakfast! Gotta fill up the ol' tank before doing the Work, especially heavy duty Work like I had planned today...

I made it into, and through, downtown Oceanside a bit before 10am; parking was plentiful at this moment, but that would change shortly.
I grabbed my bag and my chair, walked a few short blocks down to the pier. I found my spot, fairly removed from the screaming children, on the side of the pier that was quieter. I unfolded my chair and regarded the jade-green Pacific waters crashing ashore before me. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a few moments...

On this day of Remembering (in the US), I chose to Remember something very vital.
I chose to remember the place from which we have ALL come: Grandmother Ocean.
The Waters of Her Living Womb. (Encinitas, 5/10)

I was inspired to create a circle of stones around my space - partly to hold and contain the energy that I would be raising, partly to protect my belongings when I made my way down to the water for my ceremony. I just had to sweep my feet a few times; the stones seemed to rise to the sandy surface of their own accord, eagerly volunteering to assist me!
So I made my circle. I sat and read, and watched the interplay of bodies around me, from the surfers waiting for the perfect wave to the gentleman swinging a metal detector along the beach, looking for buried treasure.

At length, a man announced to his female companion that it was just about 11am. Well and good; time to start building the energy.
I placed my juju bundle around my neck, took my heartstone into my hands, feeling the tingling growing stronger, and stronger, and stronger still - but not overwhelming. A gentle surge of energy starting in my hands, spreading through me from my heart center...

Then I received the signal silently within: Now.
I opened my eyes, rose to my feet, picked my way among ocean rocks down to where earth and water met. My arms fell to my sides, spread slightly apart from my body...I chanted: I am of the Ocean; the Ocean is of me. We are clean, we are clear, we flow in harmony.

With the last (eleventh) repetition of the chant, I took a few steps forward, bringing my heartstone to my belly, just below my ribs. My right hand stretched down and out, touching the water, being immersed in the water.
I breathed in energy in from the stone, the bundle, my being... and out into the sea, again and again. I knew I was finished when I felt a wave brush the cuffs of my capri's legs; I straightened up, stepped out of the crashing waves. I bowed, then spread my arms once more.

Re-centering, I made my way back to my beach chair, then sat down and drank deeply from my water bottle. I would stay awhile longer at the beach in Oceanside before collecting myself and returning home, just as the people really began to come out to soak up some rays and fire up their barbecues.
I hold the Vision of a Clean, Clear Ocean. (Encinitas, 5/10)

My prayer for the Gulf, which inspired Operation: Clean Ocean, and in its turn, this post:
May this "disaster" serve as a turning point, a moment of Great Awakening.
May this serve as a new beginning, to wean ourselves from Power-Over methods of sustenance and move into more harmonious, Power-With, sharing ways.
May we be guided in these conversions by Wind and Water, by Sun and Earth.
...And may the brilliant minds of our time create innovative new technologies to clean up the mess and bring healing where there is now global distress.
Ho.

To join the Operation: Clean Ocean movement online, go here. We've just begun to give the Ocean a Voice.
...and if you'd like to get an idea of what I was reading, go here. Very very juicy! ;-)

(no, I don't get compensation for giving props to my peeps. I give my shout-outs just because.)


No comments:

Post a Comment