Friday, December 21, 2007

deep in the night

As I commence, it's just after midnight my time.

I am close to finishing reading The Chalice & The Blade by Riane Eisler, and oh-dear-gods it's stirred up major stuff within me! I'm in the middle of some heavy-duty processing (yet again! lol) which I will be talking more about later, mayhap after the muggle New Year, mayhap sooner. I'm not sure yet.

I'm also close to finishing a collage, on a large red poster board. It's a companion piece, in a way, to a large collage I did a few years ago on a white board I called "Return to Innocence" that is filled with pictures of children, especially (happy) girls. Piece No. 2 on the red board is, perhaps, that little girl grown up and into her own power, her own sensual body. I am finding it's equal parts self-portrait & manifestation board; I'm deeply comfortable in my own skin, yet there is a certain bodacious quality within me that has not yet fully emerged to the surface...

It is no accident that these two things are happening at the same time.
It is no accident that I'm doing this Work just before the Longest Night, when the year is coming to a close and the darkness invites us to go within, to step into the Between & see what comes forward to be transmuted in the shifting of the seasonal energies...

I have gone all the way to the back of the Womb~Cave, yet Mother Bear advises that there is more to the journey. All the way to the Center...

No comments:

Post a Comment