Back again. Just like I promised. ;-)
Stealing an idea from a couple of my fellow blogging peeps; here are 37 things about me, in honor of my birthday. In semi-particular order:
1) I live with a cat.
2) I am the third generation in my family (at least!) who has shared a lifetime with cats.
3) The cat is the second totem animal to come into my life.
4) The first totem animal in my life was/is the hammerhead shark. Seriously.
5) One of my big dreams growing up was to swim with hammerhead sharks. Seriously.
6) I thought I had to give up that dream when I left the path of scientific education. :-(
7) I saw that dream resurrected when I heard that they will let you swim with the sharks in the ginormous Atlanta aquarium. :-)
8) So that's one of the dreams on my "Master To-Do" list.
9) I will fulfill another dream when I go to Japan on my 40th birthday. It's as good as a done deal.
10) Hawaii, however, has been popping up all over the place recently. Yo, Universe, some details please!
11) So has the book Eat, Pray, Love. All right already; I'll read the bloody book! (lol)
12) The same thing happened to me with The DaVinci Code...brilliant read, btw.
13) I am a voracious reader. A cereal box can capture my complete attention.
14) I read the newspaper. You can pick your jaw up off the ground now... ;-)
15) My favorite sections are the funnies and the weekly "News of the Weird" column.
16) The strangeness of people never ceases to amaze me.
17) My reading material of choice is science-fiction.
18) Most of my viewing material of choice is science-fiction as well.
19) I do, however, watch a lot of sports. Go Chargers, Kings, and Lakers!!
20) I also think Rafael Nadal is a tennis stud, and the Williams sisters rock the universe.
21) I love hearing accents, especially overseas ones. Y'all can come read my phonebook aloud anytime. ;-)
22) My daddy was from Texas and my momma from Missouri; my grandmother was from Kentucky.
23) Some people don't think that's "Southern" enough. ;-)
24) I, however, was born in California. Yes, I'm a native Californian! :-o
25) And I still think California is the best state going. Der Governator is a bonus.
26) I voted for Ah-nold even though I'm a registered Democrat.
27) I'll start paying serious attention to politics when the politicians quit letting their inner five-year-olds make all the decisions for them!
28) I do not look like your "typical" Cali-girl; I am brunette, and have serious curves.
29) I love every single one of my curves.
30) It took several years to love myself into acceptance and gratitude for my curves.
31) As hinted above, I was a classically trained Western scientist. I have a BA in Marine Biology and English.
32) I am the first - and the last - alumna of my university to have such a degree.
33) The Universe, however, had other plans for me...and blew my mind wide open.
34) When I grow up, I want to be a Jedi Master.
35) Or maybe a taiko drummer.
36) I started drumming ten years ago (May 1998)
37) And that was the first door that opened for me...
Hey, that wasn't too hard at all.
I think I'll leave it right there, and be a total tease. ;-)